Twyford is a very special School. We put the happiness and fulfilment of each and every child at the centre of all we do. We recognise that every child has unique gifts and we believe that the overtly positive and encouraging educational environment which exists at Twyford enables our pupils to flourish and thrive.
As parents we love...
- The approach – A great balance of developing a healthy mind, body and spirit and to see each child as an individual.
- The pupils – Almost every unplanned encounter with a Twyford pupil is positive: they somehow manage to be polite, kind and confident without being arrogant or dismissive
- The teachers – We have been impressed by the kind, sensitive and excellent staff creating a safe and nurturing environment with a strong emphasis on pastoral care.
As pupils we love...
- The inspiring teachers who are really kind
- All the sport we play
- The food – it’s always delicious and there’s so much choice.
What makes us different
In 2020, 45 Year 8 leavers were awarded 9 scholarships to their Senior Schools.
Sport: In 2019, the Boys U13 Football 7-a-side were quarter-finalists at the IAPS National Finals. In Cricket the U11 boys were National Champions in the ESCA 8-a-side and the U12 boys team were Hampshire county champions. We are in the Cricketer Magazine’s Top 50 Prep Schools for cricket.
In Girls sport, the U12 and U13 teams made the IAPS Netball National finals and the U13 Girls Cricket team were runners up in the Lady Taverners Hampshire County finals, and won the U13 T20 Hampshire finals held at the Ageas Bowl!
The U11, U12 AND the U13 teams all qualified for the 2020 IAPS Nebtall National finals – which were then Covid-cancelled.
Art: in 2019 one of our Year 8 Art scholars had a sculpture submitted to the inaugural Royal Academy’s Young Artists’ Summer exhibition. Her up-cycled Giacometti inspired piece was one of 139 works on display out of 6,200 submissions!
Drama – in 2019, the Year 6 & 7 play was a terrific performance of Oliver! Some fabulous performances in singing, dancing and acting.