Entry tests or ISEB pre-testing (Y9 boarding only)
“School is not merely a preparation for life, but life itself, full of challenges, choices and opportunities for growth as well as emotional and intellectual enrichment.”
As parents we love...
- The way the children are made to feel part of the school from day one
- The independent-thinking and resilience they have gained, particularly through boarding
- The interaction between pupils and teachers; they really seem to get along
As pupils we love...
- The close friendships they have made
- The amazing opportunities – nearly 150 clubs and societies they can join!
- The way the staff and pupils mix. They can join bands together and perform in public; my kids LOVE that!
What makes us different
The Leys is situated in the heart of the historic university city of Cambridge and takes full advantage of its unique location. In 2018 the School launched its CamEx (Cambridge Experience) initiative, highlighting the individual advantages of its links with the university, be they opportunities for academic, sporting or cultural enrichment. It was also one of the first schools in the UK to appoint a Director of Teaching and Learning, reflecting the school’s commitment to teaching and learning in the classroom.