St Mary’s Calne provides exceptional all-round education for girls in a warm and nurturing environment, coupled with outstanding pastoral care and an enviable co-curricular programme, with over 60 clubs and activities.
Dr Felicia Kirk
As parents we love...
- Flexibility to cater for very different children’s skills, abilities and talents
- Support given to the girls – academically, building independence and achieving their ambitions
- Leadership of the school – sets the tone in pursuit of what one might call “excellence with compassion”
As pupils we love...
- The culture of the school
- The horizontal boarding (i.e. in year groups) throughout the school
- The depth of friendships they are making
What makes us different
- St Mary’s Calne is the first UK independent school to be awarded the Platinum Science Mark.
- The size of the school (approx 360 girls) is a strength – small by design with around 60 girls per year group from 13-18.
- The girls board in their year groups, (‘horizontal’ boarding), forming close friendship groups.
- We run a Triennial Art Exhibition at a Gallery in London, exhibiting work by current girls and Alumnae, in addition to submissions from staff.
- We offer a RADA Advanced Communications Skills Course as an option for Year 12 girls, as a direct result of our unique relationship with RADA. The course is the first of its kind in any school in the UK – or indeed anywhere.
- We host an annual Show Jumping Event at West Wilts Equestrian Centre; each year pupils from approx. 22 schools compete.
- Our Tennis Academy gained national recognition, being selected as a Finalist in the National LTA ‘School of the Year’ Tennis Awards, 2021 (from over 2,600 nominations).