All children have a shadow day(s) and are teamed up with a ‘buddy’ with similar interests. In the Senior School (from Year 7) children take a CEM test and sit a maths and English paper. Sixth Form entry is based upon GCSE results.
“At Rendcomb College, pupils are free to be themselves and free to take on big challenges because they know that to ‘FAIL’ is only the ‘First Attempt In Learning.’ Pupils are thoughtful, adventurous and academically ambitious.”
The inside track from a current parent
When we visited Rendcomb College we were completely won over by the beautiful setting, the warm, friendly and relaxed atmosphere and the happiness of the children. Over the past nine years it has proved to be the perfect school for both our children who have very different personalities and approaches to learning.
There is a strong sense of community, and friendships are encouraged across the year groups which has created a safe, friendly and warm environment, allowing each child to express their individuality and independence.
The teachers are completely engaged with each child and not only support academic achievements but are also involved in a variety of diverse extra-curricular activities from Forest School to cookery, sports and art clubs. The music department has a huge number of activities on offer and one son is currently involved in many music groups and clubs.
As parents we love...
- Genuinely holistic approach combined with academic achievement
- The Head Master
- Pastoral care
As pupils we love...
- The friends – even in a small school they both have a great group of friends
- The food – everyday is a feast and match teas are amazing
- The teachers – the teachers know the children very well which gives the children a sense of security to be able to express themselves confidently in the classroom
What makes us different
- Celebrating 100 years since the school was founded in 2020
- Best GCSE results ever in 2018 – 51% A* or A grades
- Considerable investment in new and upgraded facilities across campus including a strength and conditioning gym, astroturf and performing arts centre
- In September 2019 a new Year 7-9 co-ed house will open
- In January 2020 we will open a new Sixth Form Centre
- Women in STEM champions
- Oxbridge, Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary pathways for Sixth Formers
- Growing outreach programme for local primary and secondary schools including music days and science discovery