I feel extremely privileged to be the Headmistress of Prince’s Gardens Preparatory School and I look forward to welcoming you to our wonderful community. Prince’s Gardens Preparatory School is an exciting place to be, where no two days are ever the same! In the heart of Kensington, our beautiful buildings are bursting with activity and learning inside and out.
The Prince’s Gardens curriculum is driven by academic excellence and a passion for learning. Equally important is the broad and engaging enrichment programme, delivering opportunities for every child to experience a wide range of clubs, activities, sports and trips; allowing each child to make friends, collaborate, work in a team, share ideas and build self-confidence. Prince’s Gardens is a family school, building a strong sense of community between pupils, parents and staff, for families who have made London their home.
The inside track from a current parent
There are many reasons I picked Prince’s Gardens Preparatory School for my 2 girls. I knew other children who went there and always talked about how much they loved going to school so we went for a visit and finally found the right fit for our family.
The teachers and staff are incredibly responsive, caring and supportive. The location is perfect; close to Hyde Park and an easy commute from home. The children have outdoor space at school (the amazing garden) and also go to Hyde Park on a regular basis. Getting fresh air and exercise is really important to me – and the school, and the PE teachers make games and PE fun and challenging.
Prince’s Gardens offers a lot of clubs and fun activities for the children. My kids are in gardening club, netball club, makerspace club, they are learning violin and modern dance… and there were even more to choose from!
The class size is small enough for the teachers to give plenty of attention to each of my children and this has been so helpful. I am really impressed with the extra support they receive. The teachers work hard to make each child feel confident and happy at school. They really make sure the kids are on track and provide that personal attention. The teachers are great at communicating with me about my children’s progress and challenges so we know what to work on at home.
I feel Prince’s Gardens really know us as a family and care about us, which is important because my immediate family is abroad. It is diverse and large enough for the children to learn from each other. I feel I know everyone at the school really well. Most importantly, my children love going to school. It is a very welcoming and friendly community.
As parents we love...
- The supportive and caring teachers and staff
- The location and outdoor space
- The additional educational, wellbeing support and extra-curricular activities
As pupils we love...
- The teachers and their friends
- Break time in the amazing school garden
- All the clubs they are part of
What makes us different
At Prince’s Gardens Preparatory School, we have one aim, to give each pupil an education which enables them to flourish.
By focusing on academic excellence, character development and nurturing a global perspective, we equip children for all the challenges that life can offer.
We want to foster a love of learning within each child, for them to be curious and ambitious so that they leave us confident and excited about the future.
Everything we do is aimed at fostering a belief in oneself and in others, a commitment to doing our best and collaborating with other people to help them do theirs. By emphasising the importance of personal integrity, hard work, being kind and showing respect, we inspire our pupils to make a difference throughout their lives.
– A rich, exciting curriculum which instils high standards and delivers strong academic outcomes, using the wealth of local resources to inspire a love of learning
– Excellent and motivating teaching designed to encourage pupils to become reflective learners and skilful, confident communicators
– A dynamic and varied programme of extra-curricular activities which enables each pupil to develop the skills to step out confidently in every situation
– A learning experience which fosters empathy through working, exploring and playing together with understanding and compromise
– An appreciation of diversity and the need to work together to contribute to our local and global communities
– Rigorous preparation for the next stage in education at 11+ to ensure entry to superb senior schools in London and beyond
– A close working partnership between home and school to support every child and ensure they make the most of their time at Prince’s Gardens
Autumn Term: 08/09/2021 – 09/12/2021
Spring Term: 05/01/2022 – 24/03/2022
Summer Term: 20/04/2022 – 14/07/2022