Pinewood offers an educational provision that is child-centred and holistic to the core. There is ample space within a good school for scholarly teaching, but it is the overall cultivation of mind, body and spirit that counts the most. Every pupil has the ability to be creative. It is our obligation to unlock their creativity to enable them to develop qualities such as innovation, imagination and individuality.
SNTV interview with Mr Neal Bailey
The inside track from a current parent
Pinewood School is a special place because happiness is at the heart of everything. It offers opportunities for creativity and imaginative expression is valued. The rare combination of equal enthusiasm shared between pupils and staff alike has fostered our children’s desire and eagerness to learn.
The schools traditional values have instilled kindness, positivity, determination, inclusivity, politeness and a healthy attitude to work and play.
As parents we love...
- Pinewood School is a fun magical place where children can be children and every child beams with happiness. Sights like seeing children playing cards on the stairs remind you that nurture is key.
- The school’s focus on creating well rounded individuals. This is achieved through the depth and breadth of activities available and the fun and engaging academic curriculum.
- The beautiful countryside setting full of snowdrops, wild flower meadows and woodlands. A place where exploration and muddy wellies are welcomed.
As pupils we love...
- The Pinewood Adventure Program – a wide range of outside activities that the children log their achievements in. These include the outdoor classroom, mini marine training, orienteering, camping and skiing trips.
- The Treetops playground, The Little woods and the vast grounds.
- The diverse range of sports, drama and arts available. My daughters look forward to the Thursday afternoon options, when they get to choose what activity they conduct for the term. Dog walking, Karaoke and Fencing are current favourites!
What makes us different
Pinewood is set in 84 acres of rolling countryside on the border between Wiltshire and Oxfordshire, on the edge of The Cotswolds. The school offers a quality, family-based co-educational day and boarding environment for children aged 3-13.
Pupils are prepared for top independent senior schools at both Common Entrance and scholarship level, through a blend of traditional and forward-thinking teaching, which encourages independence in learning and fosters academic excellence. In both the Prep and Pre-Prep, learning outside the classroom, together with music, drama, art and sport, are seen as vital to a child’s development. The school offers a wide range of activities, which includes the Pinewood Adventure programme. Manners, self-reliance and a regard for others are valued principles upon which the school’s ethos is built.