Northcote House Nursery in Clapham provides care and education for children aged from 3 months to 3 years. Our high-quality service ensures children develop socially, intellectually, culturally, physically and emotionally in a homely, caring and secure environment. When your child is ready, at around 3 years, they will move into our Bennerley House Pre-Prep.
The under 2 years’ environment is split over three rooms to ensure the children are receiving the correct equipment for their development age. Our youngest babies are based in a room with equipment from Mamas and Papas, which provides a cosy and stimulating environment for your precious baby. The remainder of the youngest age rooms are equipped with resources designed to stimulate children’s curiosity and imagination, including a Dinosaur Land and other areas to ignite your child’s interest.
The inside track from a current parent
Initially I was drawn to Northcote House as the nursery had the longer days that we needed as two parents working full time, and that in itself is a huge thing in a market where so few genuine full time options are available. However what we have learned in the time our son has been attending (since age 1 and he is now nearly 3) has made us feel incredibly lucky to have chosen Northcote House.
The nursery is a wonderfully nurturing and caring environment. All the team make such an effort to know you child’s personality and the children are all treated with so much love. You are supported as you make changes to your child’s routine, whether that be reducing naps or potty training, and so much effort is put into planning and ensuring that your child’s transitions are managed in line with their individual needs.
Every week I notice things that my son has learnt – new concepts, vocabulary, ideas. Time and effort is put into clever activities around themes that captivate their imaginations. A recent example was ‘the hungry caterpillar’, with my son taking an interest in caterpillar, butterflies and all the different foods in the story. He impressively talked me through the book at home afterwards. The nursery also instills kindness as a key value for the children and early on I noticed this in my son’s behaviour – looking after younger children and sharing.
Our little one tends to be clingy to Mummy but runs in with great joy every morning, and comes out with a big grin on his face at the end of the day. It was very telling that throughout lockdown he spoke about the staff from his room and said he missed them. He sees the Northcote House team as an extension of his family, which makes getting my work done (worry free) much easier! I was dreading the return to work post maternity leave but knowing the little man is so happy has made it all feel more manageable. I am so happy that he is part of such a warm and loving community.
As parents we love...
- The key values of kindness held by the nursery.
- The caring nature of the Northcote House team.
- The variety of activities available for the children.
As pupils we love...
- The staff – he treats the manager and all the staff like they are his cuddly aunties and uncles. He is as comfortable with them as he is with family which is so important at his young age
- The breadth of learning and fun opportunities – role play, stories, art and crafts, gardening and cooking. He experiences so many things every week and he loves them all
- Eating with his friends! It is amazing how many foods he eats at nursery which either I do not cook at all or he would not eat if I did. There is so much variety.
What makes us different
‘- Soil association Silver Award.
– HEYL silver award.
– Above and beyond educational experiences- include wake up and shake up, family boxes and photography.