The inside track from a current parent
We looked at Luckley house because we knew of the Head Teacher’s reputation, and because of the the school’s Christian ethos and foundation. Every day since choosing Luckley House we have had cause to be thankful that we did so. The Pastoral care, is excellent, the school is neither too-big, nor too small, and the teaching is of a high standard – our son is engaged and enthusiastic. The Whitty Theatre was a big deciding factor, as were the school day-length: registration time, and flexible approach to Extended Day activities. The school environment is attractive, and feels secure. We felt there was a good atmosphere amongst and between staff and pupils when we visited. It was reassuring that many of the Governors and staff are Christians but also that the school seemed inclusive and welcoming. When our son recently had to have surgery and a protracted recovery, the school went out of its way to support us practically, and pastorally as a family.
As parents we love...
- Flexibility of school day with breakfast and after school care provision available if wanted.
- Approachability and warmth of staff as well as their professionalism.
- Children and their parents feel ‘known’ and Teachers clearly care about their students academic and social welfare deeply.
- Academic attainment is nurtured and encouraged in a way that is appropriate for each individual child – children are encouraged and enabled to be the best that they can be without feeling ‘hot-housed’ or having unnecessary pressure.
- Children are encouraged to support and care for the success and well-being of their colleagues.
As pupils we love...
- The Zip-Wire and Theatre: The environment at Luckley which gives plenty of scope to engage with the natural world, and to breathe fresh air,
- The chance to ‘be themselves’ and ‘grow-into themselves’ – sometimes discovering they are so much more than they thought they were, and can achieve so much more than they thought they could.
- External, Trips and adventures, The sports calendar and provision, the facilities such as the Theatre and Sports Hall, and the chance to explore skills and interests in music and theatre, alongside academic studies, and an engaging and imaginative art department. It is a very holistic educational environment at Luckley House.
What makes us different
Open Evening – Thursday 9 June 2022 Open Morning – Saturday 15 October 2022