Tour of the school, registration followed by a successful taster day. We also ask to see a child’s latest reports.
“At Elstree we encourage our pupils to reach a level they never thought was possible. Our emphasis is on building confidence, developing talent and maximising potential. While academically ambitious, we also recognise the importance of being open, compassionate and tolerant of others.”
SNTV interview with Sid Inglis
The inside track from a current parent
We looked at a number of schools for our 2 boys, but we mostly chose Elstree on gut feeling. It is small but not too small, nurturing, surrounded by amazing grounds, and ambitious but still lets the boys be boys. The semi-flexi boarding was also a real draw – with its ability for each boy to have a bed that is their own the whole term even if they only board 1 night per week.
Both my boys have become more confident since joining Elstree – and more wiling to try new things. They have tried a variety of new activities that they wouldn’t normally have got to do.
The smaller classes mean that my, sometimes quiet, boys have been able to come out of their shell and be challenged to the best of their ability. The teachers tend to have a wealth of experience and have seen every permutation of child so they know how to get the best out of yours.
As parents we love...
- The grounds are stunning and give the boys opportunities to play matches in a variety of sports against a number of schools.
- The music department is amazing and the boys can try a number of instruments and join a huge variety of groups.
- The boarding is gentle but gives the boys more independence and they love it.
As pupils we love...
- The Science Department – it is amazing for a prep school and they really enjoy experiments.
- Boarding – my elder son is in his second year of boarding a few nights a week. They provide great support but he has just got on with it and enjoyed the activities it brings.
- Activities – from Scottish dancing, to sewing to shooting, fencing, chess, golf, swimming – my boys have thoroughly enjoyed all that is on offer at Elstree.
Saturday 1st October 2022 at 10am–12 noon