“Everyone has a talent. Whatever creative or academic outlet makes a child tick, Cottesmore finds and nurtures it. Endeavour and fun are the most important elements of intellectual life at Cottesmore. Success follows this explosion of discovery and purposefulness.”
SNTV interview with Tom Rogerson
As parents we love...
- It’s like a massive family, where children are given the chance to actually be children and explore their passions, free from the toxic pressures of an online world.
- The teachers are passionate about their subjects and find ways to frame a child that is relentlessly positive so it creates a virtuous circle in which the child wants to live up to the belief instilled in them.
- Children are encouraged to be outdoors as much as possible; to excel at sports, but also to include everyone in a way that leaves nobody behind.
As pupils we love...
- The Christmas feast, which is an uproarious all-school celebration that gives the teachers and the children a chance to entertain each other and laugh together.
- The Gappies; young adults who spend a gap-year in the school gaining experience and injecting that big brother/sister life into everything the kids do.
- That they’re given a proper, happy childhood with all the experimentation, laughter and bonding that entails.
What makes us different
Cottesmore School is Tatler Schools ‘Prep School of the Year 2020 and won the Times Educational Supplement ‘Boarding School of the Year Award’ at the Tes Independent School Awards in 2019, respectively.
Cottesmore is an award-winning academic boarding Prep school for girls and boys set in the glorious, verdant countryside of West Sussex, less than an hour from London. Cottesmore has been providing excellent preparation for senior boarding schools since 1894 and has long term connections with schools which share Cottesmore’s belief in a nurturing, rounded and dynamic academic education – schools like Eton, Harrow, Downe House and Benenden.
Cottesmore achieves excellent academic results. The strength of Cottesmore’s academic programme lies within its breadth. There are 21 different curriculum subjects taught: sports and the arts are strong. Through this rich variety of intellectual and practical experience, each girl and boy finds her or his particular strength and this in turn lifts their academic potential.
Cottesmore has also been awarded the Crystal Award 2019 for academic results by ‘Best Schools’ and was also a finalist for ‘Independent School of the Year’ 2019 at the Tes Independent School Awards.
Summer Term: 20/04/2022 – 06/07/2022