Entrance Assessments at 7+, 11+, 13+ and 16+
“It is a great pleasure to welcome you to the City of London Freemen’s School.
Freemen’s is a traditional school with a contemporary and forward-looking approach. Like you, we want the very best for the young people in our care; we take the time to guide them towards making positive choices, giving them the confidence to contribute in a world that can be both challenging and uncertain. We aim to provide our pupils with the skills they need to prepare them for life beyond Freemen’s.
If this is your first glimpse of us as a school, I do hope we ignite your interest and that you will want to discover more: it is people rather than pictures that make communities like ours. I should very much look forward to welcoming you to Freemen’s. When you visit, you will meet our fantastic students, who are central to this school.”
As parents we love...
- Beautiful grounds and impressive facilities (sports and music in particular)
- Quality of academic teaching and investment into bringing the best out of each child
- Consistently positive results and achievements
As pupils we love...
- The teachers
- School lunches – the food is seriously good!
- Clubs and sports, particularly cricket in the summer
What makes us different
We want children at Freemen’s to learn, to lead and to make a difference.
We will do this by:
• nurturing a community of learners – adults and children – who are ambitious about what they might achieve in and out of the classroom;
• providing relevant opportunities for pupils to expand their horizons intellectually and socially; athletically and creatively; emotionally and spiritually;
• establishing an environment at Freemen’s where everyone involved in the community is respected, trusted and supported;
• encouraging responsibility and capability; honesty and reliability; pride and passion;
• promoting determination and innovation; flexibility and adaptability; kindness and consideration;
• fostering in our pupils the confidence, curiosity, independence and wisdom to succeed in the next stages of their lives.