“Bradfield offers an all-round education which is inclusive and diverse. There is one Bradfield but there are many Bradfieldians because the College is made up of young people whose individuality is nurtured and cherished.”
Dr Christopher Stevens
SNTV interview with Dr Christopher Stevens
The inside track from a current parent
We have been extremely happy with Bradfield College for both our daughter and son and would choose it again.
We think the school is a perfect size – large enough to provide a wide variety of co-curricular choices with critical mass for peer to peer academic challenge and sporting success, but small enough that every child feels aknowledged and understood as an individual.
Despite the long history, beautiful setting and privileged community, the school is unpretentious. The children are encouraged to think about their contribution to the wider community through personalised charitable pursuits.
Bradfield College is a very happy place with excellent leadership and achieves that perfect balance between hard work and positive play.
As parents we love...
- Pastoral care. The house masters/mistresses and tutors are integral to this process. They develop an excellent understanding of each child encouraging them to achieve excellence but also providing appropriate support in tough times.
- Inspiring teachers who encourage children to think and challenge conventional thinking.
- Wonderful opportunities for children of all abilities in a wide range of sporting and creative pursuits. Jazz on a summer evening is a real highlight of the Bradfield calendar and I have no doubt we will continue to attend for many years !
As pupils we love...
- The opportunity to meet all their peers in Faulkners House in the first year. This is a unique feature of Bradfield and our children have made very good friends outside their own houses as result of this first year.
- Passionate teachers. Teachers that are genuinely enthusiatic and inspired about their subjects and always willing to ‘go above’ expectations to ensure that the students understand the subject and are well prepared for exams
- The food at Bradfield is simply the best with great variety including vegan options at each meal.
What makes us different
Co-educational Independent School of the Year at the Independent Schools of the Year 2019 awards. “Awarded for Bradfield College’s shining example, throughout every area of school life, of pupils growing and developing together.”
Bradfield is committed to the principle of offering a broad education of lasting value. Over their school careers children grow into young adults, ready to embark upon the journey of the rest of their lives.
It is essential therefore that we enable our pupils to develop the habits, the attributes and the character to approach that journey with confidence, as well as with qualifications of which they can be proud.
Our pupils and our staff recognise that everything they do at the College is part of this all-round education. From the boarding house to the games field, from the debating chamber to the chemistry lab, and from the Greek theatre to the assault course, our pupils grow in confidence and resilience.
Through living in a diverse and vibrant community and through outreach activity beyond it they become more open-minded and develop their communication skills. Through wholehearted curricular and co-curricular engagement Bradfieldians learn the importance of enjoying learning, of physical and mental wellbeing and of creativity, whilst developing their powers of inquiry and innovation.
The different elements of this education for life are the focus of reflection and feedback through our tutorial system alongside consideration of pupils’ academic progress. In this way, the development of these attributes becomes an explicit goal for our pupils and an intentional part of a Bradfield education, not just a by-product of pupils’ time at the College.
All this takes place in a stunning setting where young people can enjoy being themselves and where their individuality is cherished, for whilst there is one Bradfield, there are many Bradfieldians.
Crucially, Bradfield is a happy and unpretentious community, a talking school where kindness and generosity of spirit are learned first and foremost from the example of other young people.
Bradfield is a learning community where the values of enthusiasm, empathy and integrity are lived by all its members and underpin everything we do. When they leave Bradfield, we hope our pupils do so in the knowledge that they have enjoyed a remarkable privilege and that they have the potential and the responsibility to be a force for good in the wider world.
Autumn Term: – 16/12/2020
Spring Term: 10/01/2021 – 26/03/2021
Summer Term: 18/04/2021 – 03/07/2021
Every Saturday morning during term time by appointment