If like us, you are snacking your way through the lockdown, give these gorgeous scones a go. Courtesy of the lovely Caroline Wrench of Coco & Roses.
CHORIZO & CHEESE SCONES
– 225g self-raising flour (can use g/f)
– Pinch of salt
– 50g very cold butter
– 60g chorizo, chopped
– 110g hard cheese – manchego/parmesan/cheddar, grated
– Pinch of smoked paprika
– 150ml buttermilk or milk
* Heat oven to 220oC/200℃ fan/gas 7
* Mix together flour, salt & butter in food mixer until a fine crumble.
* Add the chopped chorizo, grated cheese & paprika and blitz again.
* Pour in buttermilk until just mixed and then tip onto a floured surface.
* Briefly kneed into a rough ball and roll out until about 1.5cm deep.
* Cut out scones and reshape trimmings until you’ve used up all the dough.
* Place on floured baking tray and brush tops with milk and scatter with parmesan.
* Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden and well risen.