Struggling to put outfits together even though your wardrobe is bursting at the seams? Our fabulous new stylist, Fleur McCrone, gives us her expert advice on how to build a longer lasting ‘capsule’ wardrobe. A big advocate of sustainable shopping and the ‘less is more’ theory, Fleur will help you curate a smaller but better quality wardrobe that will have you feeling confident every day!
What is a capsule wardrobe?
A capsule wardrobe is a limited selection of clothes that are carefully picked so that they can form the basis of several different outfits and be worn many times. They are usually investment pieces of good quality that are not necessarily trend-led but will stand the test of time. Examples of key capsule pieces are a leather or denim jacket, a good fitting pair of jeans, a white blouse or shirt and good quality trainers.
Fleur’s steps on how to build your own capsule wardrobe:
- Carry out a wardrobe edit
- Look for which key pieces are missing
- Make a priority list
- Focus on really great fitting clothes
- Have a think or do some research on the sort of style that you want to bring into your wardrobe
- Be prepared to spend more on key pieces that will last
- Remember that this is a very sustainable way to shop
- Keep in mind ‘quality over quantity’ when choosing new clothes
Fleur’s recommended key capsule pieces:
- Selfridges Paige Jeans
- AllSaints Leather Jacket
- Ba&sh Denim Jacket
- Air & Grace Trainers
- Noho Black Boots