It’s not just about the wallpaper or paint colour, walls act as the perfect canvas for showing off all sorts of things…
Here our Interiors expert, Bee Osborn gives us her invaluable advice on how to make the most of your wall spaces.
- Add shelving, for extra storage and decorative purposes – placing artwork on shelves is also a nice touch
- Hanging art/creating gallery walls or using baskets or other interesting objects on the walls
- Adding texture to walls is a clever way of breaking up a boring wall, this can be done by hanging e.g. large feather wall decorations or textured raffia mirrors to bring a natural feel to the space
- Creating focal points and accent walls – with large pieces of art/mirrors or bold wallpaper/paint
- Adding mirrors to make space feel bigger and brighter
- Mirrored TVs to “hide” the not so aesthetically pleasing black square on the wall or using Frame TVs to showcase art instead
- Using interesting wallcoverings and claddings to give extra character to the space, e.g. reclaimed wood, antique mirror, upholstered/fabric walls…
- Using wall lights to create perfect ambiance and to highlight art and textures in wall finish
- And choosing light switches/dimmers that are a feature in themselves and more attractive than the bog standard switches
- Adding open shelving for decorative purposes / storage
- Using wall lights to highlight the decorative shelving
- Making floor to ceiling built in wardrobes to utilise wall space fully
- Bringing mirrors in for light and create a sense of extra space
- Using wall lights as bedside lighting, to make use of unused wall space and to save space on bedside tables
Bee brings a personal approach to each client and over the past two decades has designed a vast array of residential and commercial properties, both in the UK and overseas. Inchbald trained, Bee and her professional team provide expertise, attention to detail and exceptional creativity to every project they undertake, whether it is a home or a boutique hotel.
Bee draws inspiration from classical design and proportion, but always likes to infuse her work with a modern, up-to-date energy. Together, with her talented team, they produce balanced harmonious interiors that are both practical and visionary.